- Quality printing on heavy weight, bright-white paper stock
- Full color covers
- Choice of cover styles
- Choice of trim size
- Set your own cover price
- ISBN and barcode provided
- PDF proofs of your book layout and cover
Paper, trim sizes and page counts
Our books are printed on 60-pound opaque acid-free white paper at 84 brightness. Black and white books may also be printed on cream (off-white) paper. Printing is black only, unless you upgrade to a full-color book. Color books are printed on white paper only.
You can select one of three standard book sizes. Books can be special ordered at any size from 4″ x 6″ to 8″ x 10″. If you need a custom size, please contact us before placing your order.
- Size A—5.25″ x 8″—up to 800 pages
- Size B—6″ x 9″—up to 800 pages
- Size C—8″ x 10″—up to 440 pages
Minimum page count is 24 pages for all books.
- Every cover is a semi-custom or completely custom design. If you choose one of our cover templates, we’ll adapt it to the feel of your book and your cover graphics. Or you can turn us loose to create a unique design for you.
- Choose one of our backgrounds or provide one of your own.
- Covers include author and title, of course, ISBN barcode and promotional text on the back, and author photo if you wish.
- All our books are perfect-bound soft covers. Perfect-binding is the standard trade paper binding you see on paperback books everywhere.
- All covers are full color, printed on outside only. Covers are 10-point coated-one-side stock and include gloss UV coating for high-quality appearance and durability.
Inside the book
- You submit a ready-for-formatting manuscript (with copy prepared according to the submission guidelines). We will format it in one of our interior templates, tailored to suit your book.
- Up to 10 illustrations may be included in your book (with your graphics prepared and submitted according to the submission guidelines).
- Your book will get a thorough proofreading by an experienced editor—before a first proof is sent to you.
- You’ll get PDF proofs of book and cover, with two rounds of proofs and corrections.
Sales, pricing and royalties
- Set your own cover price.
- Your book is listed for sale to the public on Amazon.com—unless you opt out.
- Royalties are 20 percent of the cover price you set.
- Royalty payments are made quarterly in March, June, September and December.
- Order books for yourself at a special author price that is based on printing cost and is substantially lower than the cover price.